Sunday, February 7, 2016

The emerging trend of a 1:1 school

1:1 school is something that I was  extremely excited about choosing as my emerging trend. 1:1 schools are something that I was not very familiar with until I was introduced to it through my ed tech courses and through the school in which I currently teach. At the beginning of the school year I learned that all students i our school would be receiving iPads for both at home and in school use. In addition, we were told that students would all receive access to schoology. It was daunting at first as I had never fully implemented technology to this level in my own classroom almost daily. It took time to get used to using it! But, little by little my co teacher and I were able to incorporate our iPads into every little thing we did. This was anywhere from posting a video for students to watch involving the lesson of the day to completing a discussion board or an assessment. Now fast forward to February and we long Schoology more than ever! We use it all the time and one of my favorite aspects is using it for assessments. Overall, it has shrunk my grading time to a third of what it does before. The program grades multiple choice, matching and fill in the blank answers for you then, all you have to grade are short answers. In addition, when you grade short answer responses all students responses show on one page and it is very easy to do!
In closing, a 1:1 school has proven amazing and I look forward to learning about new developments in this emerging trend as it continues to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment